Thursday, October 7, 2010

Two of my greatest loves...

I have a long list of great loves and I won't bore you with those details but yesterday my wonderful cousin Robbi aka Dumplin (I just got disowned again) posted this video on face book and I have watched it over and over since.



I have never embedded a video on my blog before so lets hope the gods of rock are up there watching over me.

First off we have Ozzy.. there is nothing more to say.. it is OZZY! I could have been a Sharon easily and happily. I would have had to change my name though because him screaming Re does not have the same ring as ShaRON does.
Photo take by Dustin Taylor 2010 NYC Sr Trip

The other, Mr John Winston Ono-Lennon himself. The coming Saturday, John would have turned 70 but as we all know his life was cut tragically short AT THE ENTRANCE of his home The Dakota's in 1980. When I was younger I listened to his music and thought the world should listen as well but as time moved on John and the Beatles just didn't always fall on my playlist and they were pushed to the back of my mind, until one day my oldest son expressed an interest, and that interest grew to a massive CD, book, and poster collection.

Thank you my son for reminding me that we all just need to "Let it Be", "Come Together" and just take the time to "Imagine".
Photo take by Dustin Taylor 2010 NYC Sr Trip

Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try
No people below us, above it's only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries, it isn't hard to do
No need to kill or die for and no religions too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

Imagine no possessions I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger a brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing for the world

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
Take my hand and join us
And the world will live, will live as one
~John Lennon
1940-1980


PS. This post is about two OF my MANY great loves and in no way puts my Sisper at the bottom of any list NOR does the songs utlized in this post in anyway indicate my list of FAVORITE Beatles songs in any particular order but it has been brought to my attention that one could NOT have a Beatles post without mentioning this one.

LHK!!!!

7 comments:

  1. wingdings? really?
    your two favorite loves. Hrrrmph.

    LHK
    my favorite beatles song is yellow submarine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LHK my Sisper! you are too funny. Missing you this morning very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like The Beatles like everyone else...now I will go into hiding....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ozzie is a character, as is his wife. I would pay money to see you two in a reality TV show. Maybe the Blog CAbin people can hook you up...

    We should reschedule the NYC trip we missed last winter, speaking of NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "..stoop of his home The Dakota's.." ... The Dakota doesnt have a stoop .. I thought only us kids who grew up in the Bronx knew the word stoop ... love that you know it but wanted you to know The Dakota, aint got one. He was shot in the driveway/entrance to The Dakota.

    When you decide to reschedule, keep in mind that February here in SNOW SNOW SNOW ... just sayin' ...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Consider it corrected.. I won't be correcting anymore in this post if any of you readers find anything else wrong mark it up to me not know a damn thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the video Ann Marie, the shots of him out and about in New York were beautiful, especially the one of the trees.

    ReplyDelete