Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy 30th Birthday Wes!!!!


Thirty years ago today in the middle of a clean clear blizzard one of the larger than life members of my family graced us all with his presence. Since then this family has never been the same.

Somewhere in between painting Pops truck with copper paint and spending countless hours at a ball game, you grew up, and even though your struggles have not been easy on you, your mama, or daddy the lesson's we have learned from you as a family have been many and great. We all learned to love each other a little bit harder, and to be a little bit more understanding of our differences, to spend just a few more minutes at dinner instead of rushing off to whatever seems to be important. Wes for those lesson's in life I want to thank you.


On June 19th I will be participating in the Wesley Ashberry Twilight 5K Run/Walk Benefit again, so Wes you can look forward to laughing at me as I am laying in the ditch begging for help. I am asking all of you readers who are in close range to please come out and participate and spend a little time laying in a ditch hanging out with my wonderful family, getting a little exercise and chowing down on some good food.

Date:
Saturday, June 19, 2010
Time:
4:00pm - 9:00pm
Location:
Williams Wharf Landing - 1039 Williams Wharf Road

But back to the real point of this post.


Happy 30th Birthday Wesley. I love you. Re


Side Note: In the coming weeks I will post the link for the entry application.

8 comments:

  1. i wish i could post a pic in the comments.....miss martha ann sent me of him on my pony with me back in the day!!!! with a baby bottle in his hand and his curls!!! Happy Birthday Wes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wesley is a great guy hope everything works out! signin off for a while MM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Wes! Good luck with that run/walk, Re. If I were running it, I should just go lie down in the ditch before the race starts. Saves time that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Wes!!!

    I would LOVE to come down and support you in this endeavor, BUT, June 19th is my baby's high school graduation:) I'll be crying all day, and lying in a ditch before the night's over...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I plan to be there and cannot wait. That Williams Wharf road is below sea level, so falling in the ditch is actually uphill. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete